NATIONAL CADET CORPS
The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose. Needless to say, the NCC also provides an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to join the armed forces.
At AEC Schools, Mumbai NCC for Boys is Mah-5 Batalion of Army wing and for Girls it is Mah-3 Batalion of Army wing.
Girls and Boys of Class 8 to 10 are encouraged to enrol for NCC and the training sessions are conducted at AECS-4 for Boys and at AECS-3 and AECS-5 for Girls.
ACHIEVEMENT BY NCC-GIRLS
- Cadets Avantika Singh, Hitisha Koli, Srushti Patil, Karina Patil attended a camp at Central Railway School at Kalyan. Avantika Singh stood 1st in the rifle shooting competition. She was selected as overall Best Cadet.
- Cadet Avantika Singh attended a training of 40 days conducted at Pune for Republic Day Parade selection.
- Cadet Purva Koli selected for Thal Sena Camp (State level) MAH. 5 Girls Bn. She also attended the State Level selection camp conducted at Amaravati.
- In the Centralised Annual Training Camp (CATC) conducted at SNDT College, Matunga, the NCC group represented by Cadets from AEC Schools secured 1st position in the Group Dance Event.
- In the Centralised Annual Training Camp (CATC) conducted at SNDT College, Matunga, the NCC Cadet Kum. Sania of AECS-2 secured 1st position in the Solo Dance Event.