Sports Achievements 2016 - 2017
Inter School Mumbai , Chess tournament held at AECS- 6, Mumbai in Sr. Group(IX-X) and Jr. Group (V-VIII ) Category on 30th June 2016.
The following students participated:
- Master Navneet Singh - X R (Sr Group)
- Miss Shrishti Ananya – X R (Sr Group)
- Miss Soravi Borade - VII P (Jr Group )
- Master Sahil Kakad -- VII P (Jr Group)
Miss Shrishti Ananya secured First Position in Sr. Girls Category.
Miss Soravi Borade secured Second Runner Up Position in Jr. Girls Category.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN SPORTS
Mast. Vedant Koli (std X),represented AECS-5 in the District Level swimming Competition, organized by District Sports Organisation (DSO) at Dharavi Sports Complex, Mumbai.He bagged two prizes.He also qualified for the zonal level Swimming competition and got the fourth place.
- U-14 and U-17 Boys & Girls, participated in the Volleyball Ball Tournament (taluka level) organized by DSO and both our teams played Semi Finals.U-14 Girls reached the finals and qualified for the District level.They reached the finals in District level too.
- Football team of AECS-5 has participated in “MAJOR DHYAN CHAND INTER AECS (Mumbai) GAMES & SPORTS COMPETITION-2015-16” in FOOTBALL EVENT. Team AECS-5 got “FIRST POSITION” in that. First Time the said competition was organized by the initiative of all AECS/JC Heads.
- Vedant Koli of Std X,represented AECS-5,”IN THE BADMINTON TOURNAMENT ORGANIZED BY UNDER THE BANNER OF CHEMBUR FESTIVAL-2016” in association with “THE TIMES OF INDIA”in the Month of Feb,2016.He got RUNNER-UP TROPHY in the said tournament.
- Under-14 Girls, represented AECS-5 in “ADIDAS UPRISING INTERSCHOOL VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT” ,organized by Adidas under the banner of Mumbai Schools Sports Association(MSSA).Eight teams had been participated amongst them our school team got the medals for 2nd runner-up position.
- Kaushal Surve (std 8) and Sarvesh Shelke(std 8), represented AECS-5 in 1 km “SWIMMATHON GOA-2015” at Colva Beach, Goa on Nov 29,2015. The event recognized by “Swimming Federation of India”. They adopted under 15 position amongst over the 100 participants.
- Maitrey V Aroskar ,Kaushal Surve & Sarvesh Shelke have participated in “6th State Level Open Sea Competition (2 km)-2015 at Chivala Beach Malvan “ it was “organized by Sindhudurg District Aquatic Association”(Affiliated to Maharashtra State Amateur Aquatic Association).They possess under 19 th position amongst over the 100 participants.
- Kaushal Surve of AECS-5, participated in “56th Long Distance Sea Swimming Race From Sunk Rock Light House to Gateway of India” on 10th Feb,2016.The event organized by “Maharashtra State Amateur Aquatic Association”.
- AECS-5 Girls Volleyball Team participated in Volleyball Tournament organized by ARWA (affiliated to Mumbai Suburban District Athletic Association). Team AECS-5 Bagged FIRST POSITION in the tournament.
- Girls Volleyball Team of AECS-5 has participated in Volleyball Tournament,Organized by ASA (Anushaktinagar Sports Association),Affiliated to B.C.D.A.A.A.Team AECS-5 got Second Position in the said tournament.
- Volleyball Girls team, represented AECS-5 in the Volleyball Tournament Organized by Buddh Vihar Anushaktinagar Mumbai, They possess Second Position in the said tournament.
- Following students of AECS-5 have participated in ANNUAL ATHLETIC MEET-2016 Organized by ARWA (Anushaktinagar Resident Welfare Association)in the Month of January-2016 and they won the prizes for varies athletic events-
- Kaushal Surve 100m Race 3rd
Discus Throw 1st
- Kunal Bhokte 100m Race 1st
200m Race 1st
- Gaurav Tambe 200m Race 3rd
- Viraj Sawant Shot Put 2nd
TGT (Physical Education)